Wednesday, July 17, 2013

In The Chambers Of His Imagery

No.222, aired July 10, 2013. Featured audiobook was Ezekiel Ch.6-10 from the Commuters Audio-Bible. In this episode I grappled for a connection between the Blakean view of gods as energies struggling within the human body (versus spirits with a separate existence) and Iancu Dumitrescu’s phenomenological approach to composition where he composes from inside the sonic material (rather than seeing instrumental timbres as pre-existing, as in Classical music).

I’ll keep working on that one, but I did enjoy this quote from the Book of Ezekiel that seems to equate the inner sanctum of the Temple with the unconscious:

“And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall. Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door. And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about. And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up. Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth” (8:7-12).

Part 1

1. A Love Radio – Royal Red Brigade
2. Naval Aviation In Art? – Frank Zappa
3. Outta My Mind – Royal Red Brigade
4. Plutonian Frenzy – Iancu Dumitrescu
5. Made Of Stone – Spiral Beach

Part 2

1. No Soul To Sell – Royal Red Brigade
2. Melting Pot – DJ Yamaguchi -- “All journeys prove without destination” – Colin Simms / Grain – Graham Hill
3. Teddy Black – Spiral Beach
4. Speak For The Dead – Royal Red Brigade
5. Hyperspectres – Iancu Dumitrescu -- Outliers / The Owl Of Death And The Dancers (Picasso) – David Barnett
6. On The Loose – Slowly -- Earthworms - David Barnett / “I slide down the stairs of the sky” – Colin Simms
7. Sinking Ship – Royal Red Brigade
8. March Of The Crabs – Anvil

No comments: