Monday, August 8, 2011

Saturday Night Punks & Funk

No.132, aired August 3, 2011. This episode commemorates my Saturday Night of live entertainment. Unfortunately, SNFU called in sick to their concert, but the remaining four bands on the bill were all great. I picked up bargain-price CDs by Regina’s Royal Red Brigade and Red Dear’s Kroovy Rookers. I will have to pick up CDs by the Delinquents and Clusterfucks at a later date.

Then, on my stumble home down Albert St., I heard somewhere a band playing Neil Young’s Down By The River, with a Pink Floyd song, Comfortably Numb I think, mixed in. I located the venue and was treated to an amazing funky set of originals & covers by the Root In Fluents on a patio under the lights. An exquisite finish to my night out!

Also read some poetry by J.H. Prynne.

Part 1

1. Frozen Eyes – The Root In Fluents
2. Five Songs, Op.3, IV – Anton Webern
3. Search The City – Royal Red Brigade
4. Naval Aviation In Art? – Frank Zappa
5. Nights Like This – Kroovy Rookers
6. Five Songs, Op.3, I – Anton Webern
7. Down By The River – Neil Young -- The Numbers – J.H. Prynne
8. Five Songs, Op.3, II – Anton Webern
9. Beguiled Ambiguity – The Root In Fluents
10. Five Songs, Op.3, III – Anton Webern

Part 2

1. Mystic Voyage – The Last Electro-Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble -- A Night Square – J.H. Prynne
2. Blackout City Nights – Royal Red Brigade
3. Five Songs, Op.3, V – Anton Webern
4. Electrocutie – The Root In Fluents
5. Derf - The Last Electro-Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble -- A Night Square (con’t) / Day Light Songs – J.H. Prynne
6. Breakin’ At Twelve – The Root In Fluents
7. No More Boring Crap – Kroovy Rookers
8. Room For Rent – Lungbutter
9. Here Comes The Judge – Kroovy Rookers

No comments: